- We are UKGlobal which comprises UKGlobal Holdings Limited and its subsidiary companies.
- UKGlobal (We) are the data controller in relation to personal data (Data) we collect from you.
- The purpose of this policy is to help you understand what kind of information we collect in connection with our products and services and how we will process and use this information.
- UKGlobal Holdings Limited is registered in England and Wales under number 10056470 and our registered office address is, 1 City Road East, Manchester, M15 4PN. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and on 0161 228 3611.
- This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we receive from other sources. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include:
- Individual details such as your name, address, contact details, marital status, date of birth and employment details;
- Identification details such as drivers licence number national insurance number and passport number;
- Financial information such as bank account and card details and income;
- Risk Information which may include health data, criminal convictions including driving offences;
- Anti-fraud data such as sanctions details from sanctions databases;
- Policy Information; and
- Claims information.
- Information we collect about you. This includes information about your visit to our site. We will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access.
- Information we receive from other sources. This includes information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services or products we provide or from sources including the following:
- Your family members;
- Your employer or trade or professional associations of which you are a member;
- (In the event of a claim), third parties including the other party to the claim (claimant/ defendant), witnesses, experts (including medical experts), loss adjusters, lawyers and claims handlers;
- Insurance market participants, such as insurers, reinsurers and other intermediaries;
- Anti-fraud databases and other third party databases, including sanctions lists;
- Government agencies, such as vehicle registration authorities and tax authorities;
- Claim forms;
- Publicly available information such as electoral registers;
- Business information and research tools; and
- Third parties who introduce business to us.
- Collecting this Data is essential to us being able to supply insurance products and services.
How we use your information
- A key requirement of UK Data Protection law is that we have a lawful basis for each aspect of processing of your Data.
- Where Data is collected for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, we will use your Data on the basis that processing is necessary to fulfil that contract, which may include the following types of processing:
- To deliver services which have been ordered by you;
- To quote for and provide you with insurance products and services, to process claims and renewals, to administer your policy and our business, to respond to any requests from you about services we provide and to process complaints;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us (including for the purposes of debt collection); and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where we are required to process Data in order to comply with our legal obligations, we will use your Data on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of legal compliance, which may include storing your Data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims within the relevant statutory limitation periods.
- Where we have a legitimate interest (which you may object to at any time as set out in paragraph 6 below) to process Data, we will use your Data on the basis that we have legitimate interest to do so which is not overridden by your rights and freedoms, which may include the following types of processing:
- To provide you with information, updates or services or products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you; and
- To inform you about new products, contracts and promotions which may interest them and may be of financial benefit to you as an existing client.
- In providing services or products under our contract with you, we may collect data from or about others who are associated with you and your insurance policy such as other persons insured on your policies or your employees or representatives. By giving us information about someone else for the purpose of arranging insurance for them under your policy such as named driver, employee or travel companion etc. you confirm that you have their permission to do so and that you have shared this privacy notice with them.
- We will never sell your information to third parties. However we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To other companies within our group of companies (for example if we are unable to provide a suitable insurance policy on request or at renewal we will check if any of our associated group companies can provide you with suitable cover);
- To the insurers, intermediaries and third party service providers that we use for the purpose of arranging and administering your insurance policy. This may also include risk management assessors, uninsured loss recovery agencies, premium finance providers and other third parties involved (directly or indirectly) in the administration of your insurance and its associated benefits;
- To organisations that provide anti-fraud and sanctions checking services:
- In the event that we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective buyers of such business or assets and to their legal advisers;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To Insurers and premium finance providers who may use credit reference agencies to check your credit history. This check will be recorded on your credit reference file without affecting your ability to apply for credit or other financial products;
- If it is necessary to disclose your Data to our professional advisers (for example, to our legal advisers or our accountants);
- To third parties we use to recover money you may owe us or to whom we may sell your debt; and
- If it is necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (if applicable) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of UKGlobal our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and exchanging information with debt recovery agencies.
Where we store your Data
- We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by our third party IT suppliers.
- The Data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or, where transferred or stored outside the EEA, will only be made to those states which the European Commission has deemed to have adequate data security protection or which are otherwise permitted under UK Data Protection law.
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your Data
We will process your Data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your Data in order for any processing which is carried out on the basis of one or more lawful basis set out in paragraph 3 above.
- In order to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our registered office, contact us by telephone or email us using the details set out in paragraph 1 above.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes. You may object to our use of your Data for marketing purposes contacting us and informing us that you object to our processing of your Data for marketing purposes.
- In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that we have a legitimate interest, you may object to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may object by contacting us and informing us that you are objecting to processing for one or more of the purposes for which we have legitimate interest to process your Data.
- You have the right to object to any automated decision which may have been used by insurers when underwriting your quotation. Where an automated decision has been made we will advise you of this and of your rights.
- In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that you have given consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us and informing us that you are withdrawing your consent for one or more of the purposes for which consent was given.
- You may request to have any incorrect information corrected or to have your information deleted.
- You have the right to request a copy of information held about you by us. Generally we will provide this information free of charge, however in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us (and our third party data processors) to erase your Data without undue delay, although we reserve the right not to erase Data (or to inform our third party data processors) where processing remains necessary for purposes which are permitted by UK Data Protection law.
- You have the right to request that your Data is made portable for the purposes of transferring Data to another supplier in relation to:
- Data which you have provided to us;
- Data which is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract; and
- Data which is processed by automated means.
Right to lodge a complaint
We will endeavour to only use Data that is relevant to our purpose and to ensure your Data is kept secure however sometimes errors occur. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Data, please contact Steve Pennock, Group Compliance Manager, UKGlobal, 1 City Road East, Manchester, M15 4PN. Telephone 07436 031876. Email email@example.com and he will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your Data as required by law, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 and at www.ico.org.uk.